This health & wellness jeopardy game has done all the hard work for you! Included in the automatic powerpoint presentation are 30 health and wellness questions along with the bells and whistles of included sound effects, Double Jeopardy with double points, and even ‘FABS Surprises!’ which consist of physical activity components to add a level of movement to the game. FABS is a component borrowed from HealthMatters that stands for Flexibility-Aerobics-Balance- Strength and demonstrates all the components of physical fitness. You can use this as another educational moment to discuss physical activity or talk about participants being active to feel ‘fabulous’! 🙂
- Computer or internet accessible device to access the online game
- Projector if needed to make the game larger than the computer screen
- Speakers for sound effects
- Participants can raise hands to answer questions or have some kind of buzzer device
- Paper or whiteboard to keep score
Instructions for Play:
- Set up the game for play with additional sound effects at the ready if desired. (If you have time to click through the game board prior to so that you can be familiar with the function of the game and the questions/answers, that would be helpful)
- Divide into teams and keep score if you would like.
- Have teams of participants select categories and points and answer questions just like on the real Jeopardy show!
Helpful Tips for Game Show Host:
- Allow the main categories home page to fully load before clicking on the first question
- On a question slide:
- Click down on your keyboard or anywhere on slide to have the correct answer appear (or accent the FABS Surprise with sound effect)
- Specifically select the large black arrow in the bottom right of the slide to go back to the main categories home page for another question to be selected
- The function of clicking down to show the correct answer can take away the opportunity for other teams to steal points
- Double Jeopardy ‘FABS Surprises’ are bonus physical activity components within the game and can be done several ways:
- Have all participants engage in the physical activity or just the team that selected that question
- Offer the points to all teams and participants for completing the physical activity or offer no points at all or just offer points to the team that did the activity
- On a ‘FABS Surprise’ slide, make sure to click down to start the 30 second Jeopardy Think Song sound effect and you can do that activity for the 30 seconds
- There is no Final Jeopardy on this game board so you could create one of your own if desired
- This powerpoint is downloadable and can be updated per your specific group’s interests or needs
Along with the link to the game itself there are also links to Jeopardy sound effects to make the game more exciting and fun! If there are any questions or feedback on the development of this free game. Please do not hesitate to contact Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!
Jeopardy Game Resources:
The below links will take you to additional sound bytes used to make the game more fun and interactive! Some of these are already incorporated into the game board however the correct and wrong answer sounds would be additional.