DEADLINE for the first round has closed.
Tips for Applying
Prior to submitting an application for funding for Project Wellness Edge grants, please consider the following:
1. Address the requested areas of focus. Be clear, focused, and specific. Small grants generally require, or allow, only a limited amount of space to present your proposal. It is important to use it effectively. As with all grants, the reviewers will be looking for specific content. It is critical that you address the questions or priorities provided, and that you do so in a clear and concise way. Your focus should be on addressing the topics/questions requested in a way that makes it easy for the reviewers to identify how your project fits the grant priorities. Generally, reviewers will be assigning scores based on the categories identified in the proposal, so make it easy to see that you are addressing each of the categories that the reviewers will be looking for. (In grants where there is a clear focus (e.g.,higher points) on some elements of the proposal than others, spend more time and space on these.)
If you have questions about your project, whether or not it fits the competition, or any part of it,please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jason Jones at 859-552-3012
2. Keep the application focused and consistent. If you begin by identifying an area of need, then when you discuss the activities, show how these are related to addressing the stated need.
3. Provide a timeline, and ensure that the timeline is reasonable. The reviewers will be judging whether the timeline looks reasonable based on their own experience and knowledge. If it looks tight to you, it will probably look tight to them.
4. How will you know if it worked? If appropriate, describe how the program or project will enhance accessibility for individuals with paralysis and their support networks to recreational programs. Please also describe how you will work with the Project Wellness Edge team on data collection. Guidelines for reporting will be provided if your application is approved for funding.
5. Budget: Request what you need and itemize where possible. A lot of small grants will be looking to fund as many projects as possible based on the available budget. Help them fund yours by showing that you need what you are asking for and asking for only what you need. Also, don’t just provide a number. Wherever possible, make it clear to the reviewers what your numbers are based on by itemizing.
Contact us: email@example.com